You can shape the future of clinical development by doing Early Phase Clinical Research.
How? As a Research Physician by ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of the volunteers in your own projects
With what? Your MD/Medicine Degree and Dutch BIG registration
With who? Your nurses, project team and the team of 9 other Research Physicians
Where? PRA Health Sciences in the beautiful city of Groningen
RESEARCH PHYSICIAN (32 – 40 hrs)
The Early Development Services division: your new team?
The Early Development Services (EDS) division of PRA is a global leader in providing early-phase clinical research and bioanalytical services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. With a reputation built on excellence, quality and professionalism, we work with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, performing clinical research and bioanalytical trials on many of the most advanced experimental drugs and biologics in development today. Employees of EDS are enthusiastic and dedicated and work in a dynamic informal organization.
Our team of 9 Research Physicians is responsible for applying medical expertise for subjects who participate in PRA’s clinical research trials. As Principal investigator you will be overall responsible according to GCP for the assigned studies. You are part of a multidisciplinary team that consists of at least a Project Manager, Clinical Study Manager, Recruitment Specialist and Data Manager.
How will you shape the future of clinical development as a Research Physician?
Your contribution is big as you will be responsible for medical and ethical aspects of the clinical studies within the project team. You will do this as Principal Investigator for your assigned studies. So what does this mean that you will be doing?
- Ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of the individual volunteers
- Advising on medical feasibility of a protocol
- Partly responsible for scientific aspects of clinical studies
- Document and report all medical content of a study protocol so the safety of the volunteers is guaranteed
- Diagnosing in case of adverse events or changes in underlying conditions
- Provide medical supervision
What we ask of you
- MD degree (Medical Doctor, Physician)
- Three to five years recent clinical or research experience
- BIG registration or the ability to receive this within short time
- Affinity with early phase clinical research and working under GCP guidelines
- You are able to communicate in Dutch
We offer you
- A challenging position in a growing international company, in our clinics in Groningen
- During your employment at PRA, training is offered to become a Clinical Pharmacologist
- We offer a competitive salary and an excellent working environment
- PRA has its own collective labor agreement that provides good conditions for our employees like 35 holiday days per year and a good pension fund
- Every year we organize (sporting) activities aimed at, among other things, teambuilding and conviviality. We also engage ourselves socially and, for example, we climb mountain peaks for a good cause
- You start with a one-year contract with a view to permanent employment. The contract is for 32 or 40 hours per week
Apply for the position
If you are interested in a dynamic job and career, please send us your application letter and resume in English. You can upload one document when you apply via ”this link”.
If you require further information please contact Wytske Bijma, staff recruiting consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org +31 50 40 22 222.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Agency calls are not appreciated.